The Vancouver DPAC, after input from local PACs and some work by the DPAC executives last weekend, has created draft strategic goals for the 2016/17 school year. We welcome feedback, either from the PACs through the still open survey sent to PAC chairs, via email from parents to firstname.lastname@example.org, or please come to our next DPAC meeting next Thursday evening (Dec 8) at 7pm.
- Improve bi-directional communication between Vancouver parents and VSB through Vancouver DPAC, resulting in higher parent engagement and stronger education community.
- Facilitate awareness of curriculum and report card changes that impact students in the classroom.
- Request or organize VSB public meetings on schools closures, budget, or other major concerns.
- Initiate newsletter or other regular communication via blog, email, and/or social media.
- Advocate for resolution of systemic education impediments, including:
- Student safety, including seismic and building remediation.
- Sustainable, predictable funding enabling long-term education planning.
- Improve administrative governance and procedures of Vancouver DPAC.
- Revise and modernize DPAC By-Laws.
- Improve quality of DPAC meetings, leading to greater cohesion within the group.
- Increase relevance of DPAC to Vancouver PACs.