DPAC General meeting this Thursday, February 22nd at 7pm in Room 180 of the School Board Office (1580 West Broadway). All parents and guardians of VSB students are welcome to attend. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours ahead of time if you require on-site childcare.
Following a brief general meeting (agenda), we are thrilled to have
- Jan Unwin - Superintendent of Graduation and Transitions, Ministry of Education; and
- Suzanne Hoffman - Superintendent, Vancouver School Board, former Superintendent of Learning, Ministry of Education
present "Educational Transformation: What does the new curriculum mean for your children?"
- This event will also be broadcast for those parents unable to attend in person. This is the link to access the broadcast webinar (test if your device is ready). More information is on our event page.
- During this session, the presenters will be using an audience participation tool called Slido. Starting February 17th, you may test if your device will work by simply clicking the link and entering E035 in the # box and click 'Join.' You may answer our Olympic medal poll, or you may enter a question for the presenters to consider prior or during the presentation.
- PDF of poster if you'd like to print and share.
- Please submit any events or requests for the March DPAC newsletter by Tuesday, February 27th.
- Our next Executive meeting will be on Thursday, March 8th. Already booked are:
- Capital Planning by David Green, VSB Secretary-Treasurer
- VSB Budget Update by David Green, VSB Secretary-Treasurer, and Lisa Landry, VSB Director of Finance
- VSB Bike to School Week 2018 by Jel Kocmaruk
- Introduction of our newest Associate Superintendent, Rob Schindel
- District update by VSB Superintendent, Suzanne Hoffman